Monday, May 23, 2011

"Fit for Summer, Fit for Life"

I was outside sunning myself, and while my back was getting its allotted time of shine I picked up the latest issue of Women's Health (which is one of the few magazines that I willfully pay for).  I didn't make it passed the "Letter from the Editor" before I was inspired.  Editor-in-Chief Michele Promaulayko said:

"Think about it: Each and every person who has ever climbed out of a fitness slump chose one day to get off their duff."

She goes on to talk about the "notion of personal responsibility," which plays a role in so many different aspects of our lives.  Whether it's the decision to skip the fried cheese appetizer or take a chance with your career, this is your life.  And like it or not, when you look back 10, 20, 67 years from now, you have no one to blame except yourself for where you are..and hopefully instead of the word blame in that sentence, you will be able to insert "congratulate" or "pat on the back" or "take on a whirlwind shopping spree" instead.

Change is now, embrace it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment