Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Birchbox (April)



I've had a monthly subscription to Birchbox since last November and this is the first box I've received that was a collaboration - and I loved it!  Birchbox partnered with Women's Health magazine to curate this month's selections. In addition to the items and extra, they also gave subscribers a free 1-year subscription to the magazine, which is a $10 value in itself.

I am an avid Women's Health reader so that added a huge value to the box, which only costs $10 to start with. The retail cost of the products range, and since they come in sample sizes, it's hard to pinpoint exactly the price of each month's contents. Even so, I always feel like I'm getting my money's worth - and this month even more so.

Check out this month's sneak peek video below before you see what came in my April Birchbox:



This month I got:


My Reactions:

  • (MALIN+GOETZ) - The moisturizer comes in a cute little container and with the end of cold weather in sight, makes a great seasonal parting gift for my hands.
  • Nexxus - I've never tried anything like this product before, so I'm pretty excited to see how it works.
  • Ruby Wing - At first I didn't notice the nail polish changing color in the sun, but that was probably because I wasn't paying attention. The original color I received is a fun, bright pink, and in the sun it turns a rich shade of purple. This is my favorite item in this month's box for sure.
  • Supergoop - I feel like the eye cream is an overdone staple. I gave it to a friend when I was showing her the box. I'm sure it would have been great to use, but my collection of eye cream samples is already extensive and I never seem to use them up fast enough.
  • Hail Merry - The macaroons were a great touch. I love how Birchbox includes small snacks in their boxes. I received this box right before I went out of town and it was a great addition to my carry-on. They were also quite tasty.
I was pretty happy with the contents of this month's box, and the Women's Health subscription was definitely the icing on the cake.

Do you subscribe to Birchbox or any related monthly boxes? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment