I've had a monthly subscription to Birchbox since last November and this is the first box I've received that was a collaboration - and I loved it! Birchbox partnered with Women's Health magazine to curate this month's selections. In addition to the items and extra, they also gave subscribers a free 1-year subscription to the magazine, which is a $10 value in itself.
I am an avid Women's Health reader so that added a huge value to the box, which only costs $10 to start with. The retail cost of the products range, and since they come in sample sizes, it's hard to pinpoint exactly the price of each month's contents. Even so, I always feel like I'm getting my money's worth - and this month even more so.
Check out this month's sneak peek video below before you see what came in my April Birchbox:
- (MALIN+GOETZ) - The moisturizer comes in a cute little container and with the end of cold weather in sight, makes a great seasonal parting gift for my hands.
- Nexxus - I've never tried anything like this product before, so I'm pretty excited to see how it works.
- Ruby Wing - At first I didn't notice the nail polish changing color in the sun, but that was probably because I wasn't paying attention. The original color I received is a fun, bright pink, and in the sun it turns a rich shade of purple. This is my favorite item in this month's box for sure.
- Supergoop - I feel like the eye cream is an overdone staple. I gave it to a friend when I was showing her the box. I'm sure it would have been great to use, but my collection of eye cream samples is already extensive and I never seem to use them up fast enough.
- Hail Merry - The macaroons were a great touch. I love how Birchbox includes small snacks in their boxes. I received this box right before I went out of town and it was a great addition to my carry-on. They were also quite tasty.
Do you subscribe to Birchbox or any related monthly boxes? Let me know!