Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Damn, Girl!

Does any woman really look in the mirror at herself naked and say "Damn Girl!  You look good!" Or do most women nitpick about the various points of flab dispersed across their body; examining and ridiculing each bit for its part in her overall dissatisfaction.  I suppose there are some women that belong to the first grouping, but let's face it..most of us fall smack in the middle of the second one. A range that extends to those that are only midly unsattisfied at this sight to those that are depressingly so.  I know that I do!  Despite my extensive hours at the gym each week and dieting - there are still often days that this visual is followed by "and this is as good as it's going to get."  So maybe the problem isn't that I am carrying around that extra poundage that keeps me out of the skinny bitch club, but that my body image is distorted from years of avid television watching and skinny magazine subscriptions. 

Think about it..look around, the average woman is packing on the same extra pounds that I am! (well, probably a little more than me..) 

Yet, I still actively seek that coveted club membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment