Monday, June 29, 2009

Twilight

Working for a public school system definitely has it's benefits. The shining star among them being the stellar 3-ish months off for summer vacation. However comma I've been using my time wisely, and lately the concept of making my outsides match my insides has become my number one priority. More than a priority really..a motivation. THE motivation I've been waiting for to start taking an active role in my own happiness.

Now I realize that everyone has heard the line "looks aren't everything," but who really wants to look in the mirror and be dissatisfied with what they see. Does anyone really think to themselves "I'm perfectly happy being unhappy" ?? This is not to say that people can't be happy being pleasantly plump or live perfectly satisfying lives..but I'm not one of those people. Although I know that I'm not really as large as my mind sometimes allows me to believe, I also am entirely aware of the fact that I'm not as in shape or toned or slim as I could be with a small amount of effort on my part.

In a response to my newer - and very rational - form of thinking, I am taking full advantage of my, let's face it otherwise pretty empty, current schedule and hitting the gym with a more fervent attitude. Realizing that being jaded (stay tuned for a blog about that term) would shine trough a little less if my body could reflect more of my upbeat, ridiculously overly optimistic, and passionate personality a little more. That right now, not sometime in the future, is the perfect time to concentrate on my happiness, and let the chips fall where they might in other areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment