Thursday, February 3, 2011

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

Day numero dos for snowsaster 2011, if your are in the Chicago-land area (Chicago/Northwest Indiana) then you are aware #Chicagoisscrewed.  Record amounts of snow were dumped in our front lawn (and everywhere else) in the last 36 hours.  If you tried to shovel yesterday - good for you.  In my opinion, not the smartest use of your time.  I suffered from not-so-smart syndrome for approx. 30 min before I gave up in the realization that "O crap, it's still snowing" and all my hard work was covered over in the next few minutes.  However, before coming back inside to thaw out - I made snow angels.

Today, however, is a new day and the snow has stopped. If you are (un)lucky enough to have another day off you have no excuse to sit on your bum and be unproductive.  Most importantly, if you are not bored of being "snowed in" by now - you have other issues [which I am not qualified to talk you through].  Consider this a catch up day.  Get a head start on weekend chores: laundry, homework, the Netflix sitting on your desk for the past week.. [or whatever else you do with your weekends..maybe a bottle of cheap vino awaits you].  Or perhaps you've been putting off an activity that needs your attention (i.e. fixing something).  Yesterday. it was perfectly acceptable to thrash any ideas of being productive in the intended sense of the word - a snow day is after all a fluke of nature, literally - but today, let's be real it's kind of like a gift and you know what "they" say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  I'm not entirely sure what that means because a horse has never come bearing a present for me, but it's mostly just an expression, right?
         

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your writing Linds.. Keep up the great work and that sounds just like me...just being unproductive and so what lol... I do a little here and there..

    ReplyDelete