Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: Playtex Secrets Bra (Style #4823)




March 17, 2013

I just received my BzzKit with my Playtex Secrets bra yesterday, and I'm pretty excited to try it out. I haven't done a lot of product testing that actually involved wearing something so when I got this opportunity, I jumped right on it. (Or, I guess clicked right on it, since the invitation had to be accepted by clicking a button..)

My first thoughts when I tried it on was that it might be too much bra for me. I may have big boobs, but I'm super petite and have a small-ish frame, so I usually prefer something that has a little less coverage so I don't feel like I'm drowning in undergarments.  Also, the "comfort strap" style that might be pined over by someone of an older generation doesn't fit very well with my 27 year-old style. I definitely wouldn't be able to wear this in the summer with a strappy dress or quite a few of my tank tops. On the other hand, 10 months out of the year I'm a teacher and that still leaves plenty of wardrobe options where the Playtex Secrets bra would be an extremely functional option.

The bra is in the balconette style which is something new to me. I can't wait to see how it wears.

**
10 days later..

Now that I've had a chance to wear it a few times I can see both the pros and cons of the bra.

Pros: The bra provided excellent coverage. There is no room for spillover and everything pretty much stays right where it's supposed to. The wider back creates a smoothing effect and makes tops/dresses lay flat without any of the usual bra lines. This bra is extremely supportive and eliminates the need for layering in many cases.

Cons: The bra seems to hold in heat. This may be a result of the material or just because there is a lot of it. Either way, it doesn't seem like it would be a productive option for warmer weather. The coverage is a bit excessive for petite women. Also, even though it's part of the sexy fit collection, it's not very attractive and colors seem to be limited.

Conclusion: The Playtex Secrets bra is extremely functional but not altogether practical for all year use. I was happy with the coverage but I stand by my first impression that it might be too much bra for me. It was a bit overwhelming and sweat provoking. I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon because I loved how smooth it made my back, but it's definitely a daytime bra because there's nothing particular cute or sexy about it.

I received this product from BzzAgent for free. My opinions are my own. For more information on Campaigns like this one, please visit bzzagent.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment