Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hopelessly Devoted

For three years, almost to the day, I wore a "wish" bracelet.  It was nothing more than a piece of pink ribbon [yes, pink. I know ::jaw ajar::] from Brazil with something that I could never translate in Portuguese written on one side, wrapped around my wrist twice.  See I was at a festival and it was part of a booth's theme [which was?] so I said "what they hey?" and than probably something that sounded like "it's free right??"  I'm not sure if I completely understood the concept, since my wishing on stars and the clock when it strikes hours like "1:11" and "5:55" hasn't [in present tense] really worked out so well for me; or if I assumed that it would just fall off in the next couple weeks and that would be that.  
Obviously, that didn't happen.

So I did what any recent, single, and arguably somewhat employed college graduate would do.  I made all 3 of my wishes on boys. 

I'm not sure what I wished for, so I can't be completely sure that since my bracelet fell off the other day at Ikea [Bollingbrook, not Schaumberg..p.s. total disappointment] they haven't come true - but baring a miracle that I am unaware of, I think that I can pretty much say with full confidence that the bracelet was a dud.

I had a brief glimmer of hope on the way home from Ikea when the phone rang and it was 1/3 of my hearts desire [quite possibly past tense].  However comma I'm sure I could have saved the gasp..since we already had plans for that night..

Until next time..keep wishing on stars [or other sparkly things] - they can't all be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment