Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 103: Light at the End of the Tunnel

If you've been following my journey of non-shopping, then you may be aware that my personal shopping hiatus ends in just two weeks.  103 days strong and still going.  I can't say that this experience was exactly what I imagined going into it.  I pictured shopping cravings to hit like food cravings, and desperate pleas in the form of text messages and e-mailed wish lists to go out starting from Day 8.  For the most part, it has been pretty smooth sailing.

Although, there were definitely moments that I felt an urge to throw on some shoes, grab my purse and plunge into the depths of shopping, I've maintained a pretty consistent low key lifestyle over the last few months.  Right now, the effort to stay clam during the sea of final papers that are swirling around my desk is definitely helping the cause.  I have no more time to contemplate the latest styles than I do to have an all-weekend movie marathon.  With crunch time upon me, it's eases the focus on other superficial areas of my life.

I had planned to lift my ban on May 4th, however, finals in mind - May 10 after finals are over seem more appropriate (and even, since I began on January 10th).

Too bad I never found a generous sponsor..

No comments:

Post a Comment