Sunday, July 10, 2011

Who is Stan Harrington?

PhotobucketWhile filming Altered, I had the incredible opportunity to hang out with more than a few amazing talents, those on both sides of the camera.  One of those exceptional people was Stan Harrington.  This name probably doesn't immediately jump out at you, as I expect, but he is worth recognizing for at the very least his attitude toward hard work, which is a quality that has too often fallen under the radar.  Harrington (or Stelios Georgiadis as his parents intended) is the manager of the world famous Stella Adler Theatre in Hollywood (yes, California).  This building has seen the likes of acting greats such as Marlon Brando, Robert DeNiro, Salma Hayek, Benicio Del Toro, Holland Taylor, Gary Ross, Eric Stoltz and Mark Ruffalo (list taken straight from the website, but pretty much says it all, AMAZING!).  Stan fell into this position after becoming an indispensable member of the staff and literally moved in.

I'm currently in the process of writing an article based on my recent interview with this engaging character, so in the interest of hopefully finding an outlet to publish it I don't want to expose too much. I can say that the focus will be his passionate support of SAGIndie and his continued efforts to make movies sans a budget.  Although I won't try to decode the meaning, I can assure you that his quote "I love Showtime!" will be included - if only out of curiosity for what it really means.  Stan Harrington is definitely someone that should be in your peripheral as he moves onto center stage in the coming years, showcasing his brilliant persistence in an industry that (in my opinion) is lacking this historically important aspect.     

No comments:

Post a Comment